Collapsible 8 inch
Collapsible 8 inch
An old favorite gets a complete facelift with new features and upgraded components - the new Skywatcher Black Diamond 8" Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope features a collapsible truss-tube Dobsonian design requiring no reassembly between uses!
The venerable Dobsonian reflector design has recently undergone some important upgrades and improvements: SkyWatcher is pleased to introduce the all-new Collapsible Dobsonian complete with Crayford focuser – the ultimate in large aperture portability and performance.
This elegant truss tube design was carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the SkyWatcher Collapsible Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between uses. It transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! It is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening!
Simplicity of Use
The bearing system has been redesigned as well. The new SkyWatcher Collapsible Dobsonians feature buttery smooth azimuth bearings. Even the twelve-inch model can be rotated with just the push of a finger. Like our traditional Dobsonians, the new Collapsible Dobsonians feature SkyWatcher’s patented tension adjustment control on the altitude bearings. This eliminates the need and added cost of clumsy counterweight systems to balance the telescope.
To top it off, all of the new Collapsible Dobsonians are shipping with ultra smooth Crayford focusers.
Skywatcher Black Diamond 8" Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope features:
- large 8" aperture will brightly illuminate images
- Simple and easy to use design
- Collapsible design makes this telescope more mobile
- See more distant and faint objects with larger aperture size
- Able to achieve high levels of magnification
- Ideal for Beginners and Seasoned Astronomers alike
- Optical DesignNewtonian Reflector
- Aperture (mm)203 mm (8 in)
- Focal Length1200 mm (47 in)
- Focal Ratio6
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)25 mm (0.98 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 148 x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm)10 mm (0.39 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2120 x
- Finderscope8x50 RA Viewfinder
- Mount TypeDobsonian
- Highest Useful Magnification472 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification29 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude14
- Resolution (Rayleigh)0.7 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes)0.58 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)816 x
- Optical Tube Length44.5 in (1130 mm)
- Optical Tube Weight24.2 lbs (11 kg)